We love Jesus, God’s Word, and each other. We are striving to take Jesus’ revolutionary message of grace, truth, and compassion to our city and to the world.
The following statements represent FBC St. John’s beliefs.
A more detailed description can be found in the Baptist Faith & Message.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God and is, therefore, without error.
- We believe in the absolute sovereignty of God.
- We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Jesus took the place of man and died on the cross for the sins of man.
- We believe in the physical and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- We believe in the visible and soon to come return of Jesus Christ to earth.
- We believe in a literal Heaven where the saved shall live eternally with God, and in a literal Hell where the lost shall forever be separated from God in torment.
- We believe there is one and only one living and true God. He is the Creator, and Ruler of the universe. He reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.
- We believe that salvation is God’s gift based upon His grace, not of man’s works, and is extended to all who will repent of sin and place their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.